Living Choice Retirement Villages
Retirement for the "Un-retiring"
Our villages are more like resorts where you don’t have to worry about garden or home maintenance and can enjoy an active, vibrant lifestyle with like-minded people. Living Choice offers a range of living options and leisure activities in safe, secure communities located in sought-after locations. Our independent living homes are designed to complement and enhance your lifestyle. Each residence is light, spacious and offers quality finishes.
Our resort style villages are professionally managed while maintaining the supportive personal touch with great service. Living Choice is a member of the Retirement Living Council and a signatory to its Code of Conduct to ensure that we operate to the highest possible standards. All Living Choice Villages are accredited under the Australian Retirement Village Accreditation Scheme (ARVAS) Standards. We are also an Accredited Provider of Living Choice Home Care services, which means you may never have to leave your home should you need extra help.
We invite you to explore our site to see why Living Choice is the perfect choice.
Offering you choices in your retirement.
Love choice? Then you will love Living Choice’s retirement communities which have been designed to offer you the best possible lifestyle.
Retirement Village Locations:
Choosing the right retirement village.
- Book a tour at the villages in your desired location to compare homes, facilities and activities. Decide what is important to you; pet-friendly, social activities, extra care, a swimming pool, bowling green or perhaps residential aged care near by?
- We strongly recommend taking the opportunity to talk to the current village residents, and ask as many questions as you like. Who better than an existing village resident to give you an unbiased opinion of retirement living, village facilities and the village operators!
- Meet the village manager and staff. It's important that you feel you could have a good rapport with village employees.
- Clarify what's included in the regular fees so there's no surprises.
- Check that the village is a member of a regulatory body like the Retirement Living Council and has a Code of Conduct to ensure they are bound to high industry standards.
- Consider the local amenities such as public transport, shops, pharmacy and doctors.
The quest to build Australia's finest retirement villages
The creation of Australia’s finest retirement villages has been the driving passion of Living Choice Directors, Ian Tregoning and Graham Hobbs, since they purchased Living Choice in December 2003. The first Living Choice village opened in Davistown, NSW in 1992 and, with Ian and Graham at the helm, it is now one of the largest privately owned retirement village companies in Australia. Their 11th village – Living Choice Parkwood in Queensland – is on the way to becoming another award-winning retirement destination.
Ian and Graham have extensive experience in the hospitality industry through their company EDP Hotels (formerly known as the Eureka Hotel Group, which was established in 1993). Since purchasing Living Choice Australia Pty Ltd, they have expanded the Living Choice portfolio to more than 1,650* completed units (with many more under construction).
There are now ten operating Living Choice villages in Australia - at Kawana Island and Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast, Flagstaff Hill, Fullarton and Woodcroft in Adelaide, Glenhaven and Marsfield in Sydney and Davistown, Kincumber and Woy Woy on the Central Coast.
Ian and Graham are not only committed to creating highly desirable communities where residents can enjoy life to the fullest, they are also mindful that residents may need more care in the future. Living Choice Home Care was established in late 2017 and is now available at all their villages to provide a wide range of home care services.