Chilly weather, warm welcome for Southern Group Veteran golfers
The Southern Group Veteran Golfers escaped the dire weather conditions predicted for Adelaide on 11th July and played their July tournament in fine, though rather chilly, weather.
Sixty-one golfers took part in the Living Choice sponsored competition held at Willunga Golf Course and enjoyed both the course and the hospitality after the game. Well done to the overall winners, Kim Keane who won the men’s competition with 37 points and Suzie Crate, who was the top female player with 30 points. Suzie also won the raffle hamper, donated by Living Choice.
“Due to the soggy conditions, the scores weren’t the best, however the majority of the players enjoyed the experience,” said `Captain Huddos’. “The ladies in the Cafe put on an excellent lunch and Katherine and Teresa were involved in the presentations, which was great to see,” he added.
The next game will be held at Victor Harbor, followed by a Tour to the Riverland.
Congratulations to the prize-winners:
- Division 1: 1st Peter Pedersen 33 c/b, 2nd Graham Polkinghorne 33 c/b, 3rd Colin Stevens 33.
- Division 2: 1st Kim Keane 37pts, 2nd Graham Sando 33, 3rd Bruce Carr 30.
- Division 3: 1st Dennis Joyce 35, 2nd Geoff Cottrell 34, 3rd Ross Rigby 32.
- Longest drive: Women – Maris Wickstein, Div 1 – David Newman, Div 2 – John Hazell, Div 3 – Lee Tamianns.
- Nearest the Pin: Hole 3 – Graham Polkinghorne, Hole 5 – Trevor Jones, Hole 14 – Kim Keane, Hole 16 – Phil Camac.
- Lucky draw: 1st John Whitworth, 2nd Dennis Ray.