Living Choice’s Home Care division is making good progress and, following the release of more Government-funded Home Care Packages (HCPs), it is set to expand quickly over the next year. However, many residents are also opting to become private (user-pays) clients, taking advantage of the easy access to cleaning, shopping, cooking and personal services so that they have more time to enjoy their retirement.
During May, the Living Choice Home Care team conducted a survey with its 260 HCP and private clients and 72 survey responses were received. Of these, 37 responses were from HCP clients (42% of the 88 HCP clients) and 32 responses were from private clients (18.5% of the 173 private clients).
Kylie Johnson, Living Choice Home Care’s Operations Manager, said she was pleased to report that overall, 62% of responders reported customer satisfaction had increased over the past 12 months and 25% said it was the same. “The most important aspect of Home Care was service reliability and friendly caring staff. Only 11% or 6 responders reported their customer satisfaction had declined,” she said.
Below is a snapshot of the survey results:
What we are doing well. All questions rated 4+/5.
- Treating our clients with dignity and respect (4.85/5)
- Our workers are competent, caring, and polite (4.76/5)
- LCA HC support and respects clients’ rights to choose and control their services (4.75/5)
- Home Care services provided are of high quality (4.55/5)
- Clients feel comfortable providing feedback (4.48/5)
- Have confidence in LCA Home Care (4.44/5)
What we are focusing on:.
- Communicating service changes – our communication with consumers is set to improve with an additional team member in rostering.
- Consistent carers – LCA Home Care recognises consistency as very important.
- Clarity and transparency of HCP statements – LCA Home Care will adopt the new Department of Health standard statement being introduced in July to improve the clarity and transparency for clients in reading their statements.
- Quality of cleaning – LCA Home Care aims to deliver a high quality service from its team of Care Workers and always values feedback from consumers.
To learn more about Living Choice Home Care or how to navigate the aged care system, book an appointment with your local Case Manager - phone 1300 001 431.