We’re here for you :: COVID-19 information ::
(Updated 31st July 2021)
Living Choice has created this page to keep our residents, their families, our clients and staff members updated on the latest COVID-19 information. We revisit this page regularly to ensure the latest information is available.
We have also introduced an email address firstname.lastname@example.org so that residents, staff members and clients can contact us with their questions. We’ll endeavour to reply to all questions within 24 hours.
COVID-19 guidelines at Living Choice villages
The guidelines at Living Choice villages have been set according to the restrictions announced by the SA, NSW and QLD Governments as at 31st July.
SA (1 person per 4sqm)
Although the lockdown in SA has ended, many restrictions are in place which means the following guidelines apply at Fullarton, Woodcroft and Flagstaff Hill:
- All people entering the leisure centres must check in with the COVID App.
- Social events and happy hours are being held at Woodcroft, Fullarton and Flagstaff Hill, according to the 1 person to 4sqm rule.
- Masks are mandatory in shared indoor public spaces, including the leisure centres, except when consuming food or drink. Only seated food and beverage consumption is permitted.
- Dancing is not permitted and singing is not permitted indoors.
- The general public is welcome to visit Fullarton, Woodcroft and Flagstaff Hill and our sales offices are open for tours.
- Damien of Fisher Restaurant at Fullarton is functioning according to the 25 percent capacity rule. Fullarton’s COVID-Safe Plan allows for 73 in the dining/café area, 51 in the restaurant, 29 in the Great Hall, 50 in the Rose Garden, 37 in the Auditorium and 13 in the Function Room
- You do not have to make an appointment to use the pool or gym but social distancing needs to be observed. The one person to 8sqm rule applies for pools and gyms.
- The hairdressing salons at both Fullarton and Woodcroft are open for business but those providing services must wear masks.
- Shopping bus trips at Fullarton continue – 5-person limit.
- Libraries, theatres, workshops, craft rooms and snooker tables are open but the one person per 4sqm rule needs to be observed.
- At both Woodcroft and Fullarton, the Wellness Centre services are open to both residents and the general public. Those providing services must wear masks. The density limit for indoor fitness classes is one person per 8sqm.
- Home Care services continue as normal – please email Lesley Phillips at email@example.com you need assistance.
- Hand sanitiser stations are located in communal areas of the villages.
For more news about the State restrictions, see Current activity restrictions | SA.GOV.AU: COVID-19
NSW – lockdown extended
On 28th July, the NSW State Government announced that the current lockdown would be extended until 28th August, following an increase in local cases. Existing rules, such as the five reasons to leave home and the non-essential retail shutdown will remain in place for those extra four weeks. A new 10km travel limit for shopping is now also in place and people who live alone can nominate one designated family member or friend to visit for companionship.
In the Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown, Liverpool, Cumberland, Parramatta, Georges River, Campbelltown and Blacktown local government areas, people cannot leave unless they are a health, aged care or critical worker. In these areas, masks must be worn at all times and movement is restricted to 5km from your home. Outside those eight LGA's, non-occupied construction can resume across Sydney from 12.01am Saturday, July 31. Sites will be required to enforce a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
The restrictions affect the operation of Living Choice villages:
- Single residents can nominate a family member or friend to visit them in their home.
- As Home Carers are classed as essential workers, there is no disruption to services provided by Living Choice Home Care. If you need assistance from our Home Care team, please phone 1300 001 431. Note: Residents receiving home care services must wear a mask whilst a healthcare worker is in attendance.
- At Leisure Lea Gardens, meals are being delivered to residents’ homes;
- The village bus is still available to take residents shopping for essential items but seating is limited and masks must be worn at all times. If you need assistance with arranging food deliveries, please contact your Village Reception Office.
- Gardening, maintenance and construction at villages can now resume, however no contact with residents is permitted;
- All resident activities in leisure centres will cease (exceptions may be granted for residents who require a facility use for medical reasons);
- For incoming residents who are committed to an imminent move-in date, essential works required to ensure homes are safe and clean for their occupancy will continue;
- Village Managers and essential Home Care administrative staff are attending their offices.
- All other village and corporate staff are working from home;
For more news about the restrictions, see Additional restrictions for NSW | NSW Government
Update: LOCKDOWN for South-East Queensland 3 days until Tuesday 3rd August at 4pm - please see more details at this link
Latest National & State Updates
With the situation constantly changing, it’s advisable to keep up with the latest rules in your State by checking the State and Territory websites for the rules where you live.
Living Choice supports vaccination campaign
The Retirement Living Council, of which Living Choice is a member, is supporting the call from Treasurer, Josh Frydenberg, and Coordinator General of the Vaccine Task Force, Lt Gen Frewen, to do everything possible to support the vaccine rollout. Living Choice strongly encourages its staff members and residents to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible. It has also introduced an incentive for staff members to get vaccinated.
Check-In App reminder
A reminder to check in with the relevant State Check-In App when visiting the communal areas, to ensure that contact tracing can take place. This applies to all Living Choice residents, their guests, suppliers and staff members.
Living Choice Parkwood - Gold Coast QLD
Viewings by appointment
To ensure we keep our visitors, residents and staff safe, we ask that you phone ahead to make an appointment.
Living Choice Home Care
At all Living Choice villages, Living Choice Home Care staff continue to provide services as per usual and mask-wearing applies.
Living Choice Home Care is an Approved Home Care provider and can offer a wide range of services, either on a private (user-pays) basis or through a Government-subsidised Home Care Package. For more information about Living Choice Home Care, phone 1300 001 431 or see Choice Home Care | Living Choice Retirement Villages