Living Choice Woodcroft Leisure Centre Update 6th March 2017
By Renato Obbiettivo, Project Manager
Construction on the multi-million dollar two-storey leisure centre and apartments at Living Choice Woodcroft is proceeding on schedule and it is hoped that the long-awaited luxury facility will be completed by the end of 2017.
Demolition of the previous northern annexe has been completed and the site has been established with temporary hoardings and barriers to the site boundary, site office and amenities and within the existing corridors to minimise dust and general weathering.
The next major milestone is to prepare and complete the ground works to the new leisure centre and this involves a full-time Geotechnical Engineer supervising the works to ensure optimum Level 1 compaction.
In brief, the construction activities planned for the next 4 weeks are:
- Continuation of site preparation to the new leisure centre
- Disconnection and relocation of existing fire, electrical, domestic water and stormwater services
- Bore piling works to the new Link Apartments Building to create undercroft car parking areas
- Bulk excavation and site preparation to the new Link Apartments Building
- Retaining wall construction
- New underground services
- Progressing precast shop drawings
- Progressing structural steel shop drawings
- Finalising the approval process of precast and structural steel shop drawings ready for fabrication
Vehicles are entering the site via Pimpala Road as their main travel path via two entrances.
Keeping the road and footpaths immediately surrounding the site clean is of utmost importance to our team and contractors.
We are liaising with our trade contractors to manage their movements to minimise the impact to local residents and adjoining streets.
Photo at top: Construction work on the western retaining wall with the Link Apartments Building in the background.
Photo below: Level 1 ground works are underway on the leisure centre.