Careers with Living Choice
With the continued expansion of Living Choice Australia, opportunities are available from time to time for various positions within the Living Choice Team across all our locations on the Central Coast, Sydney, Adelaide and the Sunshine Coast.
If you wish to become one of our valuable staff members in village administration, sales, marketing, construction, finance or home care, simply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be held on file by our HR Manager for a future opportunity.
Rostering and Administration Officer
LIVING CHOICE HOME CARE
Are you passionate about supporting older people to live their best life?
Living Choice Home Care is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person with excellent customer services skills to join our dedicated Home Care Team. The Rostering and Administration Officer will provide support to the Home Care Team, will be the key contact for clients, and will have an active role in maintaining day to day service delivery, coordination of client services and rostering of care staff and overseeing compliance.
Living Choice Australia is one of the largest independently owned Retirement Village Operators in Australia. The Company offers a high standard of Independent Living Accommodation for seniors and has village locations in Sydney and the Central Coast of NSW, Adelaide and the Sunshine Coast of QLD. Our Home Care services are paramount to our philosophy of ‘Living in your home as independently and as long as possible.’ Living Choice has been offering Home Care to our residents since 2017 and continues to grow the delivery of high-quality services to residents of our Villages and the local community.
The successful applicant will have a commitment in providing excellent customer service to our valued clients. This full-time role will work in a supportive environment, reporting to the Home Care Operations Manager. The position is located at Kincumber on the Central Coast and will work closely with our current Rostering and Administration Officer, Case Managers and Care Workers across the business.
- Previous administrative and rostering experience in community services preferably in-home care
- Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working in a demanding customer service environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working with client management systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in quality and compliance with Aged Care Quality Standards
- Strong attention to detail, fast and accurate data entry skills
- Commitment in providing excellent customer service.
- Certificate IV level qualifications in business administration or a related discipline and/or equivalent experience and competencies.
If you are a self-motivated person with a positive attitude who enjoys and thrives on challenges, we would love to hear from you. To be eligible for an interview please submit a covering letter responding to the essential criteria and your resume in SEEK. (Click here)